Charles R. Jonas Federal Building
401 West Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
From a courthouse, post-office to a federal building, the Charles R. Jonas Federal Building was used for several purposes. Built in 1915, it was named after the Congressman Charles R. Jonas. Designed by architect Wetmore, James A, this Neo-classical structure was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1978. Currently it is owned by the city of Charlotte.