5145 Rockwell Drive NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Phone: (319) 363-7829
Fax: (319) 393-1074
The First Presbyterian Church in Marion is precisely sited at 802 12th Street, Marion in Iowa. It is a historic Presbyterian Church. It was constructed in 185. The church site is featured on the National Register of Historic Places. It is a fine representation of the Gothic Revival style of architecture. It strives continually to encourage one another in the worship and love for Jesus. Apart from worship services, the church also arranges for the Sunday school.
The St. Paul United Methodist Church is a historic church constructed in 1914. Located in downtown, the church was designed by famous architect Louis Sullivan. The congregation is an active one, with services being held routinely. The church became a part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1985 owing to its historical and architectural significance.
Cedar Rapids Scottish Rite Temple is a historic building, and is also known as Cedar Rapids Scottish Rite Temple or Consistory Building No. 2. it is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and is rented out for weddings and other events. It was built in 1927 by Loomis Bros. It has a Classical Revival style of architecture and was designed by noted Pennsylvania architect Henry Hornbostel. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on November 20, 1998.
The Moslem Temple, also known as The Rose of Fraternity Lodge, is said to be the second oldest mosque in Ross. Encircled by houses, this modest structure remains an important temple for prayer and devotion in the community. It was built in 1929 and features on the National Register of Historic Places.
Beautiful and grand, a look at King Memorial Chapel is enough to mesmerize you. Completed in 1882, and since 1976 listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this 130-foot (39-meter) high chapel started out in uncertainty. Mid-way, with half-done walls, the contractor went bankrupt. The financial burden was so huge that the college had to be mortgaged to pay off the bills. The faculty turned out to be the saving grace who contributed their salary. By 1882, the college was free of debt and ready to finish the building. The main auditorium, which seats up to 800 people, is where students gather every day. It has a Moller organ with 3800 pipes and is the venue for several musical performances.
The Amana Colonies Visitors Center in the city of Amana is an ultimate guide to the Amana Colonies and its neighboring area that has served as a landmark for the Iowa prairie for more than 150 years. Here, you can get information and direct phone numbers related to lodging, restaurants, guides and other rental facilities. Call to know more.