MainStay Suites Barnesville - Frackville
1252 Morea Road
Barnesville, PA 18214
Phone: (570) 773-5252
Fax: (570) 773-5255
1252 Morea Road, Barnesville, PA, US, 18214
- Phone: (570) 773-5252
- Fax: (570) 773-5255
This 92-acre public garden is populated with rare, exotic and large trees presented in four different environments: The English Park, Rose Garden, Swan Pond and Japanese Garden all offer a multitude of species and phylum of plants specific to each area. The generally Victorian tone of the gardens radiates a sense of romance and natural splendor. University of Pennsylvania students conduct botanical experiments and studies that are also on display.
Constructed on the site of one of the most important battles of the American Revolutionary War, the Battle of Germantown, Cliveden has incredibly been occupied by the same family since 1767. The breathtaking manor of Georgian stone is situated on a meticulously maintained six acres. Cliveden is Philadelphia's only National Trust museum property. Free tours are available. Located in the historical Germantown section of Philadelphia amongst a variety of other historical sites and restaurants.
The Johnson House, built in 1768, served as a stop for fugitive slaves who were making their way North on the underground railroad during the 19th Century. It is the only known structure of this type in Philadelphia that is currently open to the pubic. The Johnson House is presently owned and operated by the Germantown Historic Trust and offers interpretative programs in American history as well as supporting resources to the public.
The Germantown Mennonite Church, established circa 1690, is North America's oldest living Mennonite congregation. It hosted North America's first gathering of Mennonites in 1725 and served as the home of a summer school taught by pioneer educator Christopher Dock in the 1730s. The Mennonite heritage promotes peace and personal responsibility through the worship of God. The Congregation transcends differences of ethnicity, race, gender, sexual identity, physical ability, marital status and class.
The Awbury Arboretum is 55 acres of horticultural mastery located in the historic Germantown district of Philadelphia. Wildflowers, ferns, serene fields and woodlands combine to create a formal garden along Victorian standards. The land was purchased in 1852 by the wealthy Cope family as a summer home; it became an arboretum in 1916. Programs for inner-city children and guided nature walks are also available. Admission to the park is free.
This National Historic Landmark was the home of nine generations of one Philadelphia Quaker family, the Wistars and Haines, who owned it from 1689 to 1973. Original furnishings show the family's accumulations over two hundred years reflecting cultural and economic trends of their time. It is interesting to note how the house was transformed throughout the years to change from agricultural use to modern accommodations. The rose garden, cultivated since the 18th Century is a sight to behold.
Congregation Beth Yeshua is a Messianic Jewish Synagogue. Messianic Judaism celebrates the belief that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Jewish Messiah. This concept might seem contradictory because historically, many Jewish people have lost their lives in the name of Christ. Eventually, it became distasteful for Jews to believe in Jesus as their Savior. Congregation Beth Yeshua strives to place Jesus in a Biblical context by reaffirming that He and the Apostles were Jewish. Within this framework, a belief in Yeshua as the Savior is unencumbered by the tragedies of man. Open Fridays 8pm onwards and Saturday 11am onwards.
Individuals at The Fellowship study the teachings of Muhammad Raheem Bawa Muhaiyaddeen, a revered Sufi saint from Sri Lanka. Bawa Muhaiyaddeen came to North America in 1971 and founded The Fellowship in Philadelphia. Branches now exist throughout the U.S. and Canada. Bawa Muhaiyaddeen recorded thousands of hours of audio and video cassettes before his death. Members reflect on these teachings and cleanse themselves with prayer and performance of selfless duty. The mazaar, or tomb, of M.R. Bawa Muhaiyaddeen is an hour west of the Fellowship house.
This is a multi-cultural congregation that strives to create a positive force in the community by teaching the word of Christ to children, youth and adults. The Advocate/St. Stephen's United Methodist Church assists Foster Families with the care and special needs of the children they care for and provides ample opportunity for senior citizens and children to interact. Weekly fellowship and Bible study classes are available and worship services are held at convenient times. Many planned events are scheduled throughout the year.
Children participate in Sunday school, singing choir, bell choir and youth fellowship groups. Supervised trips to Methodist camps are also arranged. There are plenty of opportunities for adult fellowship as well; women's circles meet monthly to socialize and discuss religion and current topics. Fellowship groups plan trips to the shore, to dinner, bowling or work together at fund raising events. All members attend dances, movies and other activities in the church social hall. Youth and adults perform together in plays and musical performances. The church auditorium seats approximately 400 people.
Situated on a meadow in Fairmount Park, its high copper dome is visible for miles. Built in 1875, Memorial Hall was conceived as an international art gallery but became the central facility for the United States' Centennial celebration. President Ulysses S. Grant opened the Centennial proceedings in Memorial Hall's 150 foot-high 'Great Hall' on May 10, 1876. This is the only significant structure remaining from the Centennial festivities. An exhibition in the basement pays homage to the Centennial fairground, the first World's Fair ever held in America. Admission is free.
This Multicultural Congregation specializes in Youth Ministry. Each Sunday, the Church holds bilingual Spanish-English worship services and Bible School. It also hosts the bilingual Voices From Heaven Youth Choir and a Youth Drama Team night. Each June, the Church leads a three-day themed evangelical campaign with guest preachers and bilingual translators. This campaign features outdoor worship services that are designed to bring the Word of the ministry to its neighbors. A critical role of La Resurreccion-Lindley is to reach out to the community through in-home Spanish prayer services.